Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Something unexpected happened this last weekend, and it's brought about some serious reflective thinking on my part.  And it's made me realize how little control I really have on my life.  I have hopes, dreams, plans, goals, and expectations set up, but one little thing can come along and disrupt my previous plans and set me on a new path.  And this new path isn't necessarily bad, it's just unplanned and unexpected.  But it takes a lot of faith to continue on the new path.  I'm not one to take a lot of risk, and I'm not one to patiently wait for things to happen.  When I want something to happen, I want it to happen now, and I don't want a lot of "sacrifice" needed to get it.  But there are important lessons learned about patience and sacrifice that we can only learn through our experiences.  I don't believe anything that happens is a coincidence.  There is a reason why things happen, why we meet certain people, why we have to wait for something longer than others, and why our sense of security is sometimes shaken up.  And I'm just interested in finding out what it is I'm supposed to learn from this, where this new unexpected turn of events is going to take me, and if I can rise up to the challenge and grow into the person my Father in Heaven is intending for me to become through these experiences.  

3 comments:

Ashlie said...

I'm sorry you're having a 'trial' right now. I know all about those. We just went though one ourselves. They SUCK, but are supposed to make us grow and learn and love, and be more Christlike, and blah blah blah. Sometimes you dont' want to think about these positive things that are happening and just curl up and cry. It's ok to do this too. It is ok to sit and boob around and scream out loud that yes, indeed, my life SUCKS RIGHT NOW. Just bask in that poopy feeling for a minute, don't stay there too long. We all have moments like that and it is ok. Just let it pass and let the healing begin. I love you sis:). Have a good day.

Alysha said...

Hey Girl! I just want you to know that I have always been impressed by your positive attitude. It seems like no matter what's going on, you always see the good. I admire that so much in you. You're amazing. I'm thinking of you.

Sheesh said...

You are my hero! I mean it, seriously, your post brought a tear... what an inspiration! Thank you I needed to read this today.