Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Well, I have begun the process of de-christmasing my house! Yipee!!! And, I know I promised Christmas cards, but we still haven't gotten around to that, so don't feel bad if you didn't get one, just blame it on my procrastination plus laziness plus pregnancy plus whatever other shortcoming you want to bless me with. We still love you all.

Can I just tell you, life with a 19th month old is great. Savy's so freaking entertaining and brings a smile to my face more than anyone or anything else! The other night I was giving her a bath at my parent's house, and like it always happens at my parent's house, me and Savy had an audience. (Who doesn't love to see her big belly and little rolls exposed?) While bathing, Savy and I both experienced something we've never encountered before....a poop in the tub! Savy's on her knees and says "poo-poo", and precedes to let a turd loose into the tub. (Luckily it was very solid!) While I'm freaking out and throwing a towel to Sammy so I can get her out of the tub, Savy's floaty proceeds to travel closer to her. She takes one look at it, and starts screaming. Not just any old scream, but a high pitched wail. She has a look of terror on her face as she's trying to scramble up my arms and away from that, that....THING!!! I could barely hold her I was laughing so hard. But who can blame her? Something that large and unknown floating towards me would make me a little apprehensive! Anyway, I got the biggest kick out of it. Oh, how I love that girl!!!

7 comments:

Alysha said...

I love her too! Thanks for that story. I laughed so hard, there were tears! I always appreciate a good laugh!

Chelsea Lee said...

Our silly little poop stories are great. Isn't life with kids just the best. I miss you!

Bezzant family said...

It's the small and simple things that bring a smile to our face sometimes-or in your case the big and brown!

Ashlie said...

Fun. COngrats on getting it down. I couldn't stand it up any longer at my house. It was down so fast! I was so glad when it was over, I'm not sure why because ususally I love the holidays. This year I really felt so so happy to have them behind us. Maybe because all the Christmas season I was sick so happy to be over it? Not sure. But congrats all the same:)

Kerry said...

That is super funny! Good thing your wrote that down-you'll tell her about it when she's older!

Chris and Leslie said...

Well congrats! I had no idea you were expeting, and I'm super jealous about your little girls killer blue eyes...

Sheesh said...

That is awesome! I miss that little chick! Can't we play soon!? I would be down for another round of rock band! Dang that was fun!