Sunday, July 11, 2010


I am awed at how fast time flies. My baby boy turned 1 today. Wow. Has it really been a year since the weekend at the cabin when I woke up with contractions? I was scared to bring him into the world. One child was a huge adjustment, but I wasn't quite ready to have two children. This year has been hard. It's been challenging. But with this little guy around who is ready and willing to melt my heart with his irresistible smiles at any given moment, it's certainly been worth it. The first year is full of changes. I don't think Dexter has stayed the same from one day to the next. Always learning/doing something new. The minute he figured out how to crawl, his learning spiked and he took off: climbing stairs, standing, making bigger messes, babbling like crazy, waving bye-bye, and he has this weird fascination with anything above him. He likes to point to lights and babble on and on and on about who knows what. (Sam thinks he's going to be an electrician). It's weird to think he's really 1. He's really not my baby anymore. The poor little guy had an awful night puking, and so he spent the day snuggled up to his mommy (which I thoroughly loved)! We did manage to make it out of the house for a little B-day party with his cousin Ginger. It was totally low key. And I loved it. We celebrated with my family last weekend, and with Sammy's family this weekend. It was great. It was perfect. And even if Dexter's tummy wasn't feeling great...he still managed to eat one bite of ice cream and open up some fabulous presents. Happy B-day, Dexter!!


3 comments:

Tiona said...

Happy Birthday Birthday Buddy!

Chelsea Lee said...

Time Flies! It's great to see that all is well in Logan. My sister Alies, you know her from the book club, just moved up and i'm planning on coming to visit her soon after the baby is born. Hopefully Jer and I can come and pop in on you guys while we're up there. We miss you and Sam.

Sydney said...

I don't have an e-mail address for you and I wanted to pass on a great compliment. Hopefully you read this even though it is on an older post. We moved into Meadow boundries and tonight at book club I talked to Shauna Sparks. She ranted and raved about what a wonderful teacher you are and how much both of her boys loved you. She said you were the best teacher. I agree with her and I didn't even have a child in your class :) I hope all is well and that your preschool plans are coming along smoothly.