Friday, April 20, 2012

My kiddos

Today I took my Baby Z to the doctor for her nine month checkup. (I can't believe she's actually nine months old!) She's a whopping 14 lbs 13 oz (2%), stretches to 26 in long (8%), and don't worry, has a head that's 17.75 in round (81%). Can you believe that? This little itty, bitty thing with a huge noggin! Zoey's going to have a head the size of her brother, but look just like her sister. A Dexana. I just giggled to myself when I saw her stats.

She also happened to have a double ear infection. Her little eardrums were flaming red and swollen, and I never even knew. (And it's not because I'm a bad mom, she's just been her pleasant, cheerful, super smiley self.)

Zoey still refuses to move. She tolerates her tummy, and rolls every once in awhile, but usually just twists her body awkwardly to rest her huge head on the ground. She loves to sit and watch the world unfold around her, but has no interest whatsoever in moving. She babbles often, squeals like a fire truck, clicks her tongue, and says dadadada. She wiggles when she's excited, and tilts her head to the side when she's super into what you're doing. She smiles at everyone and anyone, and loves music. Anytime there's music on, or Sam's whistling, or Savy's singing her made-up songs, Zoey Lou wiggles to the beat. And when she's super excited, she kicks her feet like crazy, pumps her arms up and down, and grins. There's not a thing I've found she doesn't like to eat, and her coos in the morning are one of the best things to wake up to in the world. I love my little Zoey Lou.

And I love my little Dexter. He's fiercely independent, and incredibly stubborn, but he has the sweetest little heart. Anytime he gets a snack out for himself, he always grabs one for "Sana." I can't do anything around the house without him right beside me wanting to help out. He tries my patience like nothing else, and some days I want to toss him in his bedroom till his daddy comes home, but he's teaching me to be a much more patient mother.

And sweet, little, Savana. She's growing up way too fast. I don't really know how to put into words who she is. She's so much more than words. Come spend a day with her and you can discover who she is. I love her.

I love them all something fierce.


And did you know, we're moving back to Salt Lake?

2 comments:

CaSsAnDuH said...

When will you be in the SLC? Where? I can't wait for Cash to meet Z! He loves anyone his size. He plays so well with other kids too!

Lindsay M. said...

What a wonderful family you are creating! As you probably know, Aaron is feverishly working to get you guys a house in the neighborhood — so hurry up and sell yours!