Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

For the 4th, Sammy and I invited a bunch of friends and their kids up to the cabin for a nice little get away. It was the first time in quite awhile we were able to get a vast majority of friends together for more than just dinner. The kids were able to entertain themselves fairly well, and once they were asleep, us adults had a chance for some much needed adult conversation. We mostly just ate good food, had good conversation, ate more good food, watched good photography in action, had a good butt-kicking run, and had a good time. Thanks, everyone for taking the time out of your busy schedule to spend with us! We'll do it again...soon!


Although the picture may not portray it, and the bedhead may hide it, these are the three most gorgeous little girls I've ever seen! They were also accompanied by the three most handsome little boys!

After a night at the cabin, Sam and I went to watch fireworks at Thanksgiving Point with my family. Sam's sister, Carrie, got to join us for the festivities. The finale was somewhat of a let down, but it was super fun to play yuck, eat even more good food, and hang out with the fam. And, Sam strategically parked our car so we could get out of there fast (although we had to walk a mile to our car).


Carrie loves her little Savana, and she spoils her rotten with her sweet kisses and good taste in clothes!


Brynn, me, and Mallory...every time I see a picture of me and my sisters, I'm amazed at how much we look alike. There's no hiding the family resemblance!


And after all the festivities, Savy was pooped! I was in the middle of changing her bum, and she rolled over, stuck her naked fanny in the air, and fell fast asleep! I made Sam run out to our car and grab the camera so we could capture the naked bum!

And to top it all off, the Maxfield's invited us to go boating Saturday! My body got rocked from my timid attempt at wakeboarding...my muscles are still incredibly sore! We love having friends and family close enough that we can have super fun weekends!

3 comments:

Sheesh said...

WOW! You had a fun, busy weekend! I love those!! Bunco tomorrow! YAHOO! I started biggest loser today! I am so excited!

cAsSy said...

Sounds like a good time!

Toni said...

That was a good time, for sure. That picture of Savy is priceless. Hilarious. I love her.