Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Biggest Loser

So I've started the biggest loser. It really shouldn't be called the biggest loser, because it's not about losing weight (that's just an added bonus), but it's about a healthy lifestyle. It's pretty simple. I get a point for various things (like working out, eating fruits and veggies, drinking water, getting enough sleep, avoiding sugar, etc.)
I've found it's hard to motivate me to be healthy, but I love writing "to-do" lists and checking items off of it, so this allows me to check off things I do each day to be healthier. Maybe my to-do list will motivate me. The only downfall is I get 1 point for no caffeine AND 1 point for no carbonation. That means my beloved Diet Coke costs me two points (because caffeine-free Diet Coke is pretty much sacrilegious)! So I have to save it for special occasions.
Right now, I'm the only one doing it (besides my mom and dad...but they're no fun, because they kick my butt at being healthy), so it's not really a contest with anyone besides myself. But if anyone is interested in it, let me know and I can send you my biggest loser list.
Who knows how long the motivation will last, but it's worked for 2 days!

8 comments:

cAsSy said...

A couple of us in the nursing program are doing this!! We compare our weights and workouts every Sunday. It helps a ton. I ride my bike/run every day!! I haven't missed one workout yet.

Good luck!!

Tiona said...

I want to do this!

Ashlie said...

Count me in. Send me your list. We'll have to see if I can make it one day. This week, I have made a pan of brownies--twice, and I've eaten the entire pan--twice (except one brownie from each for Andy hehe) I am terrible at being healthy!!! So any help will count, but don't count on me to actually do it for more than 1-2 days...but I still want your list.

Amie said...

Ok I want to join in. I totally need motivation to be healthy. Send it my way! amieliston@hotmail.com Thanks for motivating me.

Sheesh said...

ME ME ME!!!! I am totally interested!!! Let me know the details!! WE could really have fun with this considering we are both super competitive!

Sheesh said...

ME ME ME!!!! I am totally interested!!! Let me know the details!! WE could really have fun with this considering we are both super competitive!

Toni said...

Send it to me too. Even though I will pretty much guaranteed be negative with Diet Coke.. but maybe my running will make me break even...

Chelsea Lee said...

I want to Join. I need to try something new, nothing is working right now. I need to commit to something and stick with it.