Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life with a one-year old is great! Savy's been practicing walking for a few weeks, but she really got the hang of it yesterday. There's no longer any crawling, just walking for her. And man, is she fast! It's a good thing our house is so little and it doesn't have any stairs, cause in a matter of seconds, she's off to another room! I swear she walks a mile a day around our house...in and out, up and down, around and around, and then repeat! I've quite enjoyed hanging out with her all day long. She makes even a walk to the mailbox exciting!



(What a babe, huh? She doesn't quite like the pink tutu, but I have to put it on her every once in awhile because I think she's adorable in it. And, any time the tutu's on, the camera has to be out!)


My life has been nice not having to worry about school. I get to sleep in till about 7:00, I get all my "chores" done by about 9:00, and then me and Savy have the rest of the day to play. I'm lucky to have my family close by...you'd think I'd moved in with my parents with the amount of time I spend at their house...and it's fun to hang out with my sisters. Now I just need to make some friends around here so me and Savana can play with even more people. My inability to make friends is pretty pathetic . We've been in this area for almost two years, and I still haven't made any really good friends in my neighborhood. I've got friends everywhere else, but none real close to home. But really, who needs a friend when their bestest friend is there, 24/7, ready in a moment's notice to snuggle with them, her silky blankie, and her binkie!


9 comments:

Toni said...

Just move up here :) Lets do hang out soon and get some photos done. I just did some of my friend's baby and I think they turned out good so I am excited to do some more.

Ashlie said...

It is really hard to find friends once you are married. I dont' know what the difference is, but there is one. You should look around your ward and see who has a baby Savana's age, and start a play group. Have it once a week and rotate houses. It is really fun for the kids to play with other kids and it get the girls out. Be proactive, and just do it. I know you might feel funny at first, but you can do it!

~brynn~ said...

her cute little bum in a tutu...
and i love hanging out with you amber!
what did you hear back from the baby contest?

Sheesh said...

Friend? What is that? Do not fret... your inability to make friends is not just you. I have the same issue. I made my first friend in my apartment complex in 2+ years just this summer...
P.S. When are we going swimming?!

cAsSy said...

That tutu bum is adorable!

Alysha said...

Hey Amber! I found your blog and I love it. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your stress free days as well. Summer is the best. I am enjoying the sleep in part too! I am always up for hanging out. I get so lonely at home all day long. (I don't have a darling Savana to keep me company.) We'll have to set up that Gilmore Girls day/night soon. I've also talked with some of the girls from school and we were thinking we could have a pool party once a week. We'd just trade off pools. You'll have to join us.

Alysha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ryan + carly said...

amber! so freaking cute. i am obsessed with savy in her dang tutu. i'm thinking about dressing jude up as a girl for a day...do you think it would ruin him for life, or no?!! haha. really though, savy is beautiful. i die over her. and i die over you and the fact that we haven't seen each other in a month and a half now! i'll be there next bunco...don't you worry! maybe you could wear savy's tutu?!!!!

Lizzen said...

I'm pretty lame when it comes to making friends, too. Heck, I can't even keep the ones I've got! :(