Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sad, Sad, Story...

Last week, my laptop from work started acting really funky when I went to start it up. So I took it into the tech service at our district to get it fixed and the guy told me my hard-drive needed to be replaced. He said "try" to get anything off of my old hard-drive, but no guarantees. So today I got the sad news...nothing could be retrieved off my hard-drive. There goes years of lesson plans for school, my homework, everything and anything I had prepared for school, and we lost about three months of pictures of Savy that aren't on our computer at home. Sob, sob, sob.

So if anyone has pictures of my little girl, please send them my way. (Because the hundreds I still have isn't enough)

Oh, and back up anything important on your computer. Tonight. Don't wait a minute, cause you never know when your computer will go tick, tick, BOOM!

6 comments:

Mango said...

So I just was blog stalking and found you on here! You and your family are adorable! I miss you! I hope all is well!

cAsSy said...

Oh that is really sad. All that hard work GONE! I guess your summer off will be you trying to replace all that was lost!?!? We are looking into getting a external hard-drive because of things like this. Total bummer!

Sheesh said...

Girl, That is a huge bummer!! I am so sorry to hear this news! I am surprised that the district didn't make you back up... UVU is crazy about it. I don't think I have any pics other than from tin foil dinner night but I will send them your way.
My condolences...

Ashlie said...

Sweet ride. That is really sad about your computer. I've been thinking if anything happened, we'd be screwed. I have everything on my computer. And andy has everything from Europe on his laptop. I just don't want to do it. It will take effort...

Tiona said...

That's horrible!! Mom was just telling me about this. Ummm...we might have a couple of pictures from New York. And I have her birth announcement. And your Christmas card. Does that help?

And your lesson plans? I know how hard you work on those and how much stuff you had on that laptop. I bought Carl an external hard drive for Christmas and put everything on it!

~brynn~ said...

i have some from when i babysat her with her cute little piggys! and from her bath. and her white dress. but i think mom has those all on her computer. either way, i can put them on a memory stick-thingy and send it your way.

i'm sorry you lost all that! but at least you have mom's lessons plans you can look at and i'm sure everybody has so many pictures of savy. so everything is not lost, right?