Thursday, June 19, 2008

Salem Pond and Other Fun Times

My sister, Tiona, has been in town from Kentucky (I asked her, and it is Kentucky...not Indiana!), and it has been so much fun to see her! Her husband, Carl, is going to medical school back east and he dragged her back there for the last year (and the next few years), so we only get to see her about once a year. Not only has it been great to see her, but it's also given me the excuse to hang out with my family even more!

We've visited grandparents in Tooele, swam at my pool, gotten sexy pedicures, washed very dirty cars (Shanda's is now white instead of brown), shopped the outlet stores at Park City, and visited Salem Pond. We still have two and a half more days of fun with Tiona and then she's heading back to her hubby. And we'll miss her so much when she's gone!

Here are some pictures from Salem Pond. Oddly enough, I don't have any shots of Tiona...she was hiding behind her camera most of the time...but I certainly have some cute ones of Savy and her cousins.


At first, Savy wasn't sure what to think about the sand. She'd timidly place her feet on the sand and quickly pull them away. But once I introduced her to the softer, wetter sand by the pond and let her feet prance around in the shallow water, she was no longer hesitant. In fact, she quite enjoyed it. And was fascinated with the way it squished in her hand and tasted in her mouth. YUCK!!


This is after I told her to stop eating the sand. She doesn't like being told no!




Carter and Brexten had the time of their lives at the pond. They played together for a little while, but by the end of the day they'd both found friends on opposite ends of the beach to play with. Kids are amazing at their ability to find and make friends just about anywhere!


Carter built a small "lake" in the sandy beach with his bucket and shovels. Savy and Brexten certainly enjoyed playing in it.


Thanks, Tiona, for coming out and letting us have a great time together! We love you!

6 comments:

cAsSy said...

Where is Salem Pond? It looks fun? Steven and I are on the look out for some fun day trip spots.

~brynn~ said...

how fun!! oh i wish i could have been there so bad!

you'll want to go again in a few weeks right? avec moi?

Tiona said...

Anytime Amber, Anytime.

Ormond Family said...

Amber, this is Michelle Ormond (your old cheer coach) I have a blog and I have enjoyed finding all my girls and seeing what you are all up to. Your little girl is so cute! If you get a chance, come to my site and say hi!
Michelle

Ashlie said...

I don't know if I have ever seen Savana cry before. I just realized that now that I see her really mad. Cute!

Ormond Family said...

yeah it is you! I couldn't see you very well in your pictures, but you mentioned your sister shanda so I figured I had the right girl. Where are you living now? Are you still in Utah county?
Michelle