Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hey fatso, get off your couch!

Yesterday I was watching Oprah (I love Oprah), and she had Weight Loss Hall of Famers on her show. There were stories of people losing from 60 pounds all the way up to 500 pounds. And all of them did it the old fashioned way with exercise and eating healthily. And most of them did it in under two years. I was shocked at their ability and dedication to work so hard and lose so much.

Whether it's 100 pounds, 20 pounds, 10 pounds, or even 5 pounds, most of us have something we want to lose. Bob Greene said that women have to be perfect in their eating (which none of us are) or else we have to exercise to keep the weight off. And we have to work harder than men to keep it off. (Isn't it great to be a woman!)

Needless to say, I was inspired by the stories of these people, and if they can do it, I can do it too. So I'm extending an invitation and a challenge to anyone out there who's fed up with the few extra pounds they've put on and want to get rid of them with me. I'm up for any suggestions on how to do it, and I'll support and work out with those who want to join me. Come one, come all, and let's work that fat off of us!

4 comments:

~brynn~ said...

I'll join you!

I actually went jogging this morning for the first time in practically a year! wow, it was painful.

Melissa said...

All my training for my race here in two weeks has been my source of shedding the pounds---now if I could just the "eating right" part of it...

Lizzen said...

I hired a trainer about a month ago. He's given me a meal plan and kicks my butt twice a week. Check out my blog for my first meal plan to get ideas!

Sheesh said...

I am in... It is funny because just the other day I went out to dinner with Tawni and she is the running queen! She has agreed to start working with me so I don't get so frustrated when I try to run! WE start next week... I will keep you posted. Thanks for the inspiring stories!