Saturday, May 31, 2008

School's Out for the SUMMER!

Hooray! I have survived another school year! And this year I did more than survive, I actually enjoyed it! Kindergarten is the best place to be. There's no other place quite like it and no one else can compare to a Kindergartener. They're so curious, excited, anxious, crazy, fun, innocent, and ready to learn! I love it! I had a great class this year, and even better parents!
Although I love them, I wasn't too sad to see them go. They're ready for first grade, and I'm ready for summer. I've got a few classes lined up to teach and attend this summer, but the rest of the time I'm going to spend laying by the pool, hanging with my baby, and anything else my heart desires. I now have all day to devote to nothing but what I want to do, so if anyone wants to join me, just come my way!

Congrats to my hubbie for landing his super awesome dream job with RIESTER and for being in such high demand, we get a little pay raise. Yipee! He works so hard for our family...we don't get to see him as much as we would like, but me and Savy appreciate all he does for us.


And, I've decided to go with Savy. (without Sam's consent). I write it more often than he does, I like it better, and I've been doing it for a full year, so there's no going back for me. Savy it is.


Oh, and Savy's starting to walk. She'll take like 8-10 steps at a time! Thanks to my dedicated sisters for pushing her to take those steps. But I'm not sure if I should really be grateful or not. Nothing's safe from her.

6 comments:

Tiona said...

Did Sam get a new job? I can't believe Savy's walking! That's crazy...she was just a little baby when I last saw her.

~brynn~ said...

Yay for Savy walking!!
Nothing's safe from her, even her little head! bumps and bruises all over.

and count on me to be at the pool with you when i'm not working!

Sheesh said...

Congrats to Sam!! That is awesome and more money... even better! I can not believe that Savy is walking already! She is to little! All I have to say is... I promise to hang out by the pool with you! A tan always feels so good! :)

Sheesh said...

Congrats to Sam!! That is awesome and more money... even better! I can not believe that Savy is walking already! She is to little! All I have to say is... I promise to hang out more! :)

cAsSy said...

I want to see her walk!! So awesome!! I am so jealous of your no-school summer.....Maybe someday I'll be that lucky....:(

Ashlie said...

Alright, which one was the 'naughty kid'? HEhe, he or she will always be the one your remember the most right? That is the funny part of being a teacher I think. The kid at the beginning of the year that you are not so fond of, ends up being your favorite kid.