Monday, May 19, 2008

Flowers and Parks

This last week I visited Robert's to pick out a picture frame, and I walked out with a lot more then just a frame! I wanted to try my hand at making a few more flowers for Savy's hair. So I bought flowers, rhinestones, and headed home to make my creations. It only took me about ten minutes and...voila...beautiful flower clips!


The pink one's still a bit large for her head.


My beautiful baby modeling one of my creations! (Technically, they're both my creations...the baby and the flower!)




I'm so excited for the warm weather! I simply can't wait for summer...lounging out by the pool, walks to the park, ice cold diet coke (wait, I don't have to wait for summer for that!), and no Kindergarteners! Only 8 more days of school! Yipee!

Well, to take advantage for the warm weather that Kevin Eubank says won't last very long, Sammy and I took our baby to the park. It was sooo nice. We have a gazillion parks around our neighborhood, but we chose the biggest one for our outing. Savy loved sliding with her daddy, swinging with her mommy, and walking around with her mommy. Check out her adorable mumu...it came straight from Hawaii!




P.S. Me and Sammy are having a debate about how to spell our child's nickname. Savy or Savvy? Sam says the phonologically correct way would be Savvy, but I like the spelling of Savy better. Any thoughts on the matter?

10 comments:

Celeste said...

Savy. A nickname is supposed to be small. Why add an extra letter?

And cute pictures! The boys were excited to see Savy. (HA!)

~brynn~ said...

SAVY. because i came up with that one!

YOUR hair looks really cute amber! i can't wait to see it in person.

cAsSy said...

Conserve the 'V'. Savy is the way to go.

El Dorko said...

Nicknames that are similar:
Samuel = Sammy, Tamara = Tammy, Casandra = Cassy

Words that sound similar:
sappy, daddy, nanny, caddie, happy

Names that DON'T sound similar:
Sadie, Mary, Gary, Casey, Davy

Words that DON'T sound similar:
zany, lady, hazy

Point made.

ryan + carly said...

i'm going against all and saying savvy. sorry people. i think it's maybe cuz i have a necklace with savvy on it, but i likey. anyway, those clips are too cute and i must say savvy...hehe...is so darling. she looks so much like you. what a lucky little girl!

Ashlie said...

Way cute dress. I love it. Love the clippies too. It looks like you cut your hair. I just came back from getting mine cut too. Are you going to the cabin this weekend? Only 4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (until school is out) right?

Melissa said...

I like either. But if you do it with two V's, she will most likely always have to tell people how to spell it. But two V's is cute! However, Celeste made a good point! Ya--I don't think i was much help on that one. But your little flowers are super cute and they look even cuter on the her precious little head!

Sheesh said...

Savvy is cuter but Savy makes more sense for a nick name! The cool thing about it is that Savy/Savvy is a freaking sweet nick name no matter how you spell it!! GOSH!!!

ryan + carly said...

i am back! sam's comment posted right as i pushed the enter button so his came up first, but ryan kicked me off the computer so i couldn't make another comment. i am going to have to 100% agree with him. i have a friend with a daughter named davi (dave-ee). jaclynn also has a daughter named tayvee (sounds like it's spelled). but when jaclynn was deciding how to spell it, she was thinking of tavie, but so many people thought it was tov-ee. so you see, people will think it is say-vee or saw-vee instead of savvy. cuz savvy looks exactly like you spell it! do you love my novel of a comment!! but i must say that if you spell it savy i will never shun her. she will always have love from car!

Merm said...

Wow these comments got supa detailed. SO many thoughts on the matter. Ummm what do I like better... I really do like it with two V's as well. Just becase that is the way you spell Savvy and it is such a rad word... and nick name! She is so cute. She looks SO MUCH like you. It is crazy. I love all her hair clipies you made her. I just made Zanna some hair clippies a few days ago with the rhinestones in the middle and yours turned out much cuter. I like the aray of flowers you used. I need to make some in other colors and not just pink. Cute cute!