Wednesday, May 7, 2008

thoughts...

I just heard a big clap of thunder. And eventhough I'd rather have the day be bright and sunny, I sure enjoy a nice spring shower. One with heavy rain, crazy lightning, and rolling thunder. It seems as though it's been quite awhile since I've posted anything note worthy. So here's a few things that have been on my mind.

I need to take the time to do things I enjoy and to do things for me. My days are filled up with many things: teaching, chores, taking care of my adorable baby, getting things ready for the next day, preparing lessons, etc. And although I don't mind these things, none of them are specifically for me. I feel as though I'm losing a part of myself because I'm not focusing on me. I need to do things for me.

I put up some cute pictures of my naked baby, and then I took them down because I was paranoid of what some creepy person might do with those photos. I dislike having to worry about things like that. Why can't this world just be a sweeter, more innocent place?

I'm stoked my sisters have joined me in the blogging world.

I only have sixteen days left of school. 16. That's it. And I wonder if I've done enough for my little Kindergarteners. I'm looking forward to my summer, even if it's going to be a busy one. I feel bad for all you workers out there who don't get a two and a half month vacation. SUCKERS!!

Life can be pretty hard sometimes. I've never had to go through somethings that's been physically challenging, but there have been many emotional challenges I've had to encounter. Simply being a girl is an emotional challenge. It's hard to feel really good about yourself and who you are when you're bombarded by thoughts and images and who you really should be. Visit dove.com (http://www.dove.us/#/features/videos/videogallery.aspx/) for some great insights into real beauty.

And last, being a mom is the greatest thing in the world. My little girl makes me smile and giggle more than anything else. She rocks. Stay tuned for incredible (fully-clothed) pictures of Savy.

4 comments:

Tiona said...

Something I have learned is that as hard as it may be, I need to always make time for myself. Even if it means getting to bed a little later or not getting as much studying done. My day is always a little better if I've taken the time to read a little bit of my book or curl up and watch a TV show with my husband or take a very relaxing hot bath.

BTW, are you a reader on Anngie's blog? I used to go read it, but she changed it to private and I don't have access and I don't have her email address...

Celeste said...

But the nakie pictures were so cute. I totally understand, though.

Maybe I'll actually start blogging again. It's been like 7 months since we last posted something....

And I love time to myself. I usually let the house go in favor of me time. Like the time right now, checking my blogs....

~brynn~ said...

I love watching you with Savy. I can just see how much you love her, it's crazy! You're a great mother and Savana is so lucky to be born to you and Sam!

cAsSy said...

I feel the same way sometimes. When I am pulled in all different directions I just need time for myself. Like right now....If you find a good 'just you' thing keep me posted!!