Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Phoenix...Hot, Hot, Hot!

Two weekends ago, Sammy and I packed up with Savy and headed down to hot Arizona.  Sam had work to do on Monday, so we decided to make it a long weekend and get a last minute vacation in before school starts for me.  Many people thought we were crazy to visit Phoenix in August...and we were.  It was fairly hot...like 106 degrees.  The first day down, we walked around ASU campus, and about died!  While walking around, I took the stroller in many crazy paths trying to jump from one shady spot on the sidewalk to the next.  We spent most of the weekend by the pool at our resort, but we did make it out to a Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game and dinner with one of Sam's buddies and his girl.  


Savana did great on the plane ride.  There were a lot of empty seats, so she got to sit in a chair all by herself most of the time.  Sam was gracious enough to entertain her on the flight down so I could read my book.  However, I was on my own on the flight home.  Sam stayed behind for work, so it was was just me, Savy, a whole row to ourselves, and a bag full of tricks and treats!


The Diamondbacks play in an indoor field where the roof can retract when needed.  The Braves stomped all over the Diamondbacks, but it was exciting to eat hot dogs we payed way too much for and cheer for the home team!  And after the game, they shot off fireworks for us!



The rest of the time was spent at our pool.  The resort came with a little water park with a lazy river, kiddie pool, and a couple other pools.  Savana loved the water and playing with her daddy, but most of all, she liked walking up and down the stairs.  They were the perfect height for her to maneuver around on.  All in all, it was a great, much-needed getaway with my sweet little family!

4 comments:

Merm said...

How is she so cute? She is getting so big!Looks like you guys had fun!

Hey it is Jathan's bday party on friday. Come if you can!

Ashlie said...

Looks like fun. We were down there when you guys were gone. It was sad. We always seem to miss you guys. Boohoo. Are you guys going to the cabin for Labor Day? I was thinking about it until Chad said he was going to drop the kids off with me at the cabin so he could go to the BYU game. I quickly had a change of heart about the cabin trip :) hehe (this never really came out of my mouth...)

El Dorko said...

We are planning on going to the cabin after the BYU game Labor Day Weekend and staying until Monday. You guys should come down for sure.

Sheesh said...

How fun! I am jealous that you got a last vacation in. Did you know that in a VERY round about way I am related...(not really) to a diamondbacks relief pitcher... :) I am glad you had fun!!!