Friday, August 22, 2008

Bring It On


Kindergarten begins on Monday...and I am totally ready for it!  I've had all summer to prepare, and a week longer than all the other teachers at my school (because kindergarten starts a week later), and last night I was panicking because I wasn't prepared.  My sister was gracious enough to take my daughter for the morning, and without my little helper*, I got soo much more accomplished and walked away from my classroom with a grin on my face and excitement in my tummy for the first day!  I can't wait!  We've got a cute bunch of Kindergarteners, and I got to keep my large and spacious room, so I am super stoked for the year to begin.  After three years, and three different classroom, I feel the best about this year!  Bring it on, you snot-nosed, creative, silly, and adorable five year-olds!


*little helper: in 20 minutes, she manages to take the letter D off my wall because is has a picture of a "puppy" on it, dump out my container of magnetic letters, spread post-it notes all over the floor, visit a 4th grade classroom and a 6th grade classroom, convince our secretary to give her smarties, drag books off the shelf, and have a poopy diaper.  It was much easier when she just sat!!!

3 comments:

~brynn~ said...

i hope the first day went like you hoped! the kids you have are super lucky for you as a teacher.

Kerry said...

That's so fun that you're a teacher! You left a comment on Ashlie's blog-it's fun to see what's up in your life.

Michelle Ormond said...

HEY ALL YOU PAST AF CHEERLEADERS!
WE ARE HAVING A HOMECOMING CHEER REUNIION PARTY ON WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 24TH, 7PM IN THE SCHOOL CAFETERIA. PLEASE

LOG ON TO http//michelleormond.googlepages.com, click on AF cheer in the left hand menu and then select social invitation and bio form!
It is going to be a lot of fun so please come!!!
Love you all
Michelle

P.S. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW!