Thursday, September 10, 2009

Summer Camping Trip

As summer came to an end, my family decided to say good-bye to summer and drive to Currant Creek for some camping. There is no better way to say farewell to the warm summer days and welcome to the cold winter nights than being in the outdoors, sleeping in tents, and sitting around a campfire.
We enjoyed roasting marshmallows over the campfire (and I enjoyed eating all of them), trying unsuccessfully to catch some fish, throwing rocks into the water, taking a ride in the canoe, tossing around frisbees, chasing cousins around, and most of all...getting dirty! I was surprised at how often one of the six walking grandkids fell over and skinned a knee!! The kids loved camping! (and us grown-ups did, too)



Jack (my parents pup) was the most exhausted. He chased anything he could into the water...rocks, sticks, more rocks. Savy discovered a new fascination while up there...ROCKS! She loved tossing them into the lake.



Eli was the busiest boy I've ever seen! He was all over the place! (Savy loves to feel grown up and help Eli out)



Two of my three heart throbs.



And here's my third heart throb. Although by his cross-eyed look, one might wonder how he could melt any one's heart!


Thanks, fam, for throwing together such a wonderful weekend. Maybe next year we'll last longer than two days!!

3 comments:

~brynn~ said...

hahaha! dex's face is priceless. yes, priceless.


ah come on, you know there was fourth heart throb in there too. ;)

Gonzalez Family said...

I am so impressed you were brave enough to camp with the kids. I have little Dexter in Joelle's class during this PE rotation and always think of you. Hopefully you still check your alpine e-mail because I want to get together and meet him before you guys go up to Logan. I'll e-mail you soon.

Ashlie said...

That is an awesome pic of Dex. I love how the one of Sav and Sam is so cute then you scroll down and see the one of Dex (don't get me wrong. It is totally cute, just not so...what's the word....?? I'm at a loss here but yo uknow what I mean:)