Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow


Winter is here. Snow is on the ground. And every second Savy gets, she runs right into the snow...and then proceeds to eat the snow off her shoes while I'm trying to strap her into her carseat! (What is it with kids and eating snow? It's something instinctive they do...no one has to show them how it's done...they just do it!) We haven't yet had a chance to go out and play in the snow, but last night's dumping provided some great, fluffy, beautiful snow to play in...so we may have to venture outside later today.

My Christmas tree finally came, so now I can decorate it...and then I'll have to snap some pictures of our house for everyone to see our comfy, cozy home. (Or you can all just come and visit us!) The joys of owning an actual home come with some great things, and some not so great things. One of those things (I can't decide yet if it's a great thing, or a not so great thing cause I'm still enjoying doing it) is shoveling the walks. This morning while I was out shoveling my walks, my neighbor's son-in-law came to shovel her walks...and I realized it was my philosophy professor I had years ago! So I reintroduced myself (he said he remembered my name), and we proceeded to shovel walks side by side! It was quite interesting doing such a mundane thing with someone who has such a brilliant mind and such intriguing thoughts! Oh, and my storytelling professor from years ago is also in our ward! It's great being in a college town!!

Anywho...I'm loving the snow...for the moment...we'll see how I feel in another four months when there's still snow on the ground!!

2 comments:

~brynn~ said...

I can't wait to see your cute new house! and i promise that I will play in the snow with savy!

Gonzalez Family said...

The idea of possibly moving from our little town home has its ups and downs. I hate the idea of yard work and snow removal, but I'm glad it is fun for you- at least at the beginning :) I'm so excited to see pictures of your cute home all decorated! It is so fun to hear how much you are loving Logan.