Monday, March 1, 2010

Savy's Music Tastes

We like music at our house. At home and on the road. Since becoming a mom, my tastes have not altered. Savy listens to the music we listen to (with a few songs skipped over). One morning, she's walking around the house saying, "I can't sleep. I can't sleep. There is a ghost in my house." Sammy and I look at each other and think..."what is this girl talking about?" Then it hit me. Band of Horses. There is a Ghost in My House. A great song. And she'd picked it up. The thing is, this isn't one of the songs we listen to over and over. Just one we enjoy when it comes on. So if she's picking up the lyrics to this song, what other songs does she have in that head of hers? Well, these are the three she's asked for in the last week:

1. The Ghost song (There is a Ghost in My House by Band of Horses)
2. You and I by Angry Michaelson (actually Ingrid Michaelson)
and 3. Apeman (by the Format).

And she sings along to them. (which I find totally awesome). If you're unfamiliar with any of these songs, I suggest checking them out. If I was a better blogger, I might find the links for you. But I'm not. So I leave it up to you to go and hear the songs that have captured my 2 1/2 year old's heart. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

~brynn~ said...

ahhhhh!!! such good taste in music already! how can she go wrong?