Friday, June 17, 2011

Stroman Update

Alright, Celeste (and the rest of the world who cares to read my blog...even though I'm such a slacker!), here's an update. I have been slacking in many areas of my life, and as I'm stressing out because baby will be here in 6 weeks or less, I thought I might as well try to catch up in some area of my life. And what better way to start than my blog?

Life has gone by way too fast in the last few months, and although I'm looking forward to getting this squirmy, little baby out of my body, I am also willing time to sloooow down because I'm not sure I can handle three kids. I don't know if it's the fact that baby's gender is a surprise, but I'm having a hard time finding motivation to get things ready for this baby. Our list of things to get done is forever long, and I'm not sure where to start--sell car, buy car, rearrange rooms, get rooms ready, get baby stuff ready, buy double stroller, and prepare myself for a natural birth. What? Did I just say natural birth? Yep, we have decided to forego medication this time around and have this baby the natural way. (Maybe that's why I'm slightly hesitant about getting baby here.) And maybe that's why I'm dragging my feet on getting anything done...I haven't prepared myself mentally for the birth of our third child. But enough about me and my worries and stresses. Take a peek at my adorable family and see what we've been up to lately!




We celebrated Easter, and along with that, we discovered Dexter's passion for sports. He loves any type of ball, squeals anytime he gets to watch someone play a sport, and asks continuously to watch basketball on TV. Sammy is quite thrilled about this.




Savana performed in her first dance recital, and totally rocked! She cried her eyes out during rehearsal and refused to dance with her class, but warmed up (with a little bit of bribery) for her afternoon performance.


Savana also graduated from preschool. (She had a freaking awesome teacher :) who taught her so many things!!) And we both survived our first year of preschool together.



We've enjoyed the warm weather that's finally started to show up and have spent many hours walking, playing at the park, and attempting to hike with two young kids and a prego lady.



Savy started playing T-ball this month, and it's pretty hilarious to watch her play. Dexter tries to sneak out onto the field anytime I turn my head and Savana is rarely paying attention to what's going on--but it's fun to watch her!




I've really enjoyed watching this little boy's personality pop out--and he's pretty funny! Always pulling cheeses, funny faces, making funny noises, or doing silly things to make us all giggle. I sure love him.


And lastly...Savy celebrated her 4th birthday--Princess Style!! She got spoiled rotten, and is already planning her 5th birthday party.

There. A few things to tide you over until the next time you hear from us...which will most likely be after baby 3 comes into our lives. So...ENJOY!!


10 comments:

celeste said...

Yay for blogs!! You had Cinderella at her birthday party? That's awesome!! Love the pictures, and Dexter's cheesy face is just like Sam's. And if you need any book recommendations for natural childbirth, just let me know! I even have a few here. Love you all!

Gonzalez Family said...

You look incredible! I can't believe you said you look big!!! I'm sure natural childbirth will be a great experience. I thought about it for a little bit, but then decided I liked the epidural too much to forgo it. Good luck getting everything done- I'm sure you will. If you are down in the area I'd love to get together!

CaSsAnDuH said...

I wish I could hike! I don't dare try and if I did my OB would catch wind of it and FREAK out on me! I hope your birth goes as planned. I am trying the natural thing as well. I think it will be interesting to try. If I can't handle it I am definitely going to get the drugs but I'd like to try and avoid it.

Good luck!

I hope Sav got to keep that dress after dance. It was SOOO cute!

Bezzant family said...

so fun! We should chat and get caught up. So worth paying the epidual I tell you what! Good luck and hope it goes as you wish

MeganDan said...

yay! i love when you update :) sounds like this birth is going to be fun for you guys and hope everything goes well. you are brave! miss you guys!

TyandMar said...

Way to go Stromans on finally updating the blog!! We've missed our So You Think You Can Dance friends! :) Have you been watching?! We're behind right now...need to catch up. AWESOME news on the natural childbirth decision! We've done both ours naturally and LOVED it! We've used the Bradley method both times but have also thought about hypnobabies. A good documentary to watch is "Business of Being Born." Get it from the library...it's very informative! Let's get together soon!!

Alysha said...

Loved the update! Good luck getting ready for baby number 3 and natural child birth. You are amazing. Congrats on Preschool graduation. I KNOW Savanna had a fantastic teacher. Your kids are getting so big, and of course, they are darling. Again, good luck. Looking forward to the next post :)

Merm said...

Amber you are the cutest prego lady EVER! Seriously! SO fun to catch up on you and your incredibly darling family!
So excited you are going natural ! I had both my babies natural and loved my birthing experiences. Definitely get mentally prepared. It is MIND OVER MATTER! If you need book suggestions... or just want to talk about it I would love to talk to you!
We are pregnant with baby #3 and debating on weather or not we would like to find out what we are having as well... Jathan wants to be surprised and I want to find out. We will see what we decide.
Miss you!

mallorypark said...

haha! i love how savy wears a skirt whilst playing t-ball!

what a girl!

Chelsea Lee said...

Your family is so Adorable. It is fun to see what you all have been up to lately. It is always fun to read your blog. I can't wait to meet little baby number three! You guys sure do make cute kids!