Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas 2011

We debated about what to do for Christmas. Should we stay home and enjoy a nice quiet Christmas with our family, or should we pack up the car and enjoy a crazy Christmas with our extended family? Well, Christmas is supposed to be crazy, right? So we loaded up the cars and headed down south.

Festivities started off out in Tooele Thursday night for our annual Park Family Christmas bowling party at the army depot. There is always the best turnout at these things, and I see cousins I haven't seen in years. We gorged ourselves on pizza and yummy food and enjoyed some great bowling. I'm pretty sure I beat everyone in my family...again! Although I had to leave Sammy home to work, the kids and I had a great time.

Christmas Eve we headed to Sam's Aunt's house for the annual Whittaker Family Christmas Eve Extravaganza. We ate more food, enjoyed more good company, and watched the kids act out the Nativity story. So cute! Santa dropped off some toys for the kids (stuffed animals for Zoey and Savy, and a soccer ball for Dex) and then we headed to my parent's house to set out cookies and stockings for Santa...and then it was off to bed!

Christmas morning finally rolled around, (I had to wake the kids up after getting woken up by a text from my super excited 22 year-old sister), and we were ready to check out the goods Santa left behind!


Traditional family picture on the stairs. Oh, I love my kiddos in Christmas jammies! And it was so fun to have matching jammies this year! And I must say, Santa totally scored this year. He did a fantastic job at gift-giving!


Dex got spoiled with a geotrax train, big boy underwear,
and a marble set to share with his older sister.


Savy was lucky enough to get a dollhouse for her barbies.
(I love this picture of her quietly taking in her present!)


Sam and I did pretty well at gift-giving this year, too. Both kids received a bike from us. A red balance bike for Dex (with a bike helmet too small for his giant head), and a pink princess bike complete with a bell and a carseat for her dollies (or baby Zoey!) to sit in for Savy.


Santa brought me a new comforter for my bed, a gift certificate to treat myself to delicious cupcakes, and a water softener to soothe my dry skin!


Sammy was a good boy and got a beard trimmer (yoo-hoo!)
and equally exciting gloves and ice scraper!
(oh, and an iPad for his birthday)


My cute mother was excited to show off her new washer and dryer
(and check out those new jeans she's pulling out!)


Brynn showing off her goods (I can't remember what the DVD's are she got...something nerdy like Civil War Showdown) and her super warm snow boots.


Mal and her adorable new haircut proudly showing off her new laptop backpack, her warm, fuzzy boots, and her challenging 100 piece Fancy Nancy puzzle.


My dad taking full advantage of the super comfy recliner Santa left behind.
(Funny thing: he sat down on the chair to watch us enjoy our Santa gifts, and after sitting on it for like 10 minutes, he finally noticed it wasn't the old-rickety glider and it was in fact an awesome recliner!)


And lastly, Zoey Lou enjoying (kind of) the bouncer Santa left behind for her.

We opened more presents, rushed off to church (it was quite nice to attend church on Christmas morning), and then (almost) all my sisters came over with their families to enjoy my mom's fattening Christmas breakfast. We opened more presents, played games, watched some movies, and thoroughly enjoyed our presents and our Christmas day.

The next day, we headed over to Sam's parent's house for a delicious Christmas dinner, and more presents for the kids!


(I love this face! So excited to finally have a baby carrier...she won't have to use a purse anymore!)


All in all...I think it was the best Christmas we've had so far! Thank you for all who made it so special!

1 comment:

mallorypark said...

i was laughing so hard when i was reading this! come down every christmas! it's the funnest!!!

:)