Friday, September 26, 2008

Midnight Sun

I've spent the last few days reading Midnight Sun online, and was extremely shocked when it came to an abrupt ending last night.  Yes, I knew it wasn't finished and I knew it probably would never be finished, but I was still shocked to be at the end of it so soon.  Just like any good book, I was sad when I came the end of it and could no longer live in the mind of Edward.


A few thoughts the book provoked: I need to think kindly about others and about myself.  I'm fairly certain there are no mind readers out there, but I would be ashamed if anyone were to hear some of the things I'm thinking of (thanks Brynn for your post about that).


And 2, Bella is a much better character than I gave her credit for.  To be honest, I never much cared for her character in the other 3 books, but Edward's perspective helps to see who she really is.


Just to note, I'm not obsessed with the Twilight Series (like so many fanatics around me), but I do enjoy a good read, which is exactly what they provided me with!

6 comments:

Tiona said...

I too was very disappointed when Midnight Sun ended. I thought it was funny...A few days before I found it, I told Carl I wanted her to write a book from Edwards point of view.

♥Andrea said...

Amber!! My Long lost Friend! I hope you remember me!! How is everything? We have been bad at keeping in touch, I think we can do better! I read Midnight Sun too, and was ticked when it ended at such a good part! I'm so glad I found your blog! Talk yo ya soon!

~brynn~ said...

i understand exactly what you mean about bella! she kind of bugged me as well, and i'm glad i got to see her from outside her own head! :)

Ashlie said...

I would love for you guys to come up. You are welcome anytime! In fact, I was just thinking last night it would be so fun to have you guys come up because we just cooked Thanksgiving dinner last night and are now going to have left overs for the next few nights:). I can't wait for you guys to come up, it's been way too long and we miss you guys (even though we see you once a month or so.

Anngie said...

Im with you Amber I read "midnight sun" a while ago and I was so bummed where it ended, right before the part where they go in the woods, I would really like to know what Edward was thinking that day...I've got my mom hooked on Twilight, she is like you though she says she likes it but can put it down, unlike me who read for like 3 days straight.

Tiona said...

Happy Birthday Sam! I hope Amber cooked you a nice dinner with no vegetables.