Tuesday, December 2, 2008

5 Day Weekends are the BEST!!


Wow...it's December already! I can't even believe it. I've got my Christmas tree up, presents under the tree, but it doesn't feel like Christmas because there's no snow on the ground. Oh, well, I'm sure I'll be sick of the snow within a few days of it hitting the ground. But it sure does bring something "magical" to the season.

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I impressed myself with the tasty pies I made and the sewing projects I put together. (I can barely sew a straight line, but I somehow managed to make some baby blankies, curtains, and a baby doll blanket.) Savy got her first haircut, we hung out with both families all weekend long, ate four turkey dinners, relaxed at the cabin, saw some good movies, played some sweet games, and shopped some great deals. It was incredibly hard to go back to life, work, and reality on Monday, but lucky for me, I got to spend that evening with some amazingly zany girls who I love to pieces! We've had a wonderful few days, and I'm so grateful for the extra time I got to spend with my hubby and my little girl. Those two make life an exciting adventure. Here's a few pics from our fabulous weekend:

Even with the pink car, tinkerbell movie, and sucker, she still cried throughout most of the haircut.


My cute hubbie playing ring around the rosies with Savy and her cousins.

And finally...the people who bring smiles to my face: Sam, Savy, and my hilarious self!!

5 comments:

ryan + carly said...

i die over savy every time i see her. she is sooo cute. sad that she cried during her haircut. she looks so cute in her little outfit in the bottom pic. we are all pretty zany girls, aren't we?! fun for us. i go home every time and can't handle that we have to wait a full month! let's go to the pool...jude wants to.

Melissa said...

How could you cry at such a cute place to get a haircut? Why don't they make fun places like that for adults? She's a cutie and I want to see her!!

The Hansens said...

hey Amber!! It's Melissa (Dayton) Hansen. I saw your blog on Alesha's and I just wanted to say hi. I added you on mine, hope that's okay. You look amazing and your little girl is adorable. How are you?? Hope to hear from you.

Lara said...

Hey girl! How are you! I have a blog finally its laralinnsykes.blogspot, I will add you so you should add me. Oh and Savannah is the cutest thing I have ever seen, my mom told me so but the pictures confirm it!

cAsSy said...

She is beautiful even when she is crying!!