Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dexter

I've been meaning to post pictures about my beautiful baby boy, but our internet has been crazy, and whenever it is actually working, Sammy's also working, so my access to the interweb has been limited. But here's some pictures of Dexter and his family. If you want to read about his journey into this world, check out my husband's witty retelling of how it all went down! And be patient with me on any updates on our lives. Life with two kids is quite a bit different than life with one!!!


Dexter's cousin, Ginger, beat him into the world by 8 days. It's surprising the difference a few days makes in the life of a newborn. Ginger's so much more alert and aware of the world around her, while all Dex can do is scream his manly scream (he missed out on the newborn cry. He simply squawks and squeals...no cute newborn cry for him).



Daddy's little boy



Savy has been so sweet with her baby brother. She always wants to know where the baby is. She was obssessed with his hat at the hospital and always insisted it be on his head. We'll see how long the sweetness lasts.



Nothing more precious than kisses from my little girl.



We're all dressed up and ready to go home.




He looks so teeney in his car seat! Okay, not only does he look teeney...but he is teeney! He dropped down to 5 lb 12 oz by the time we left the hospital. Just a teensey little thing!



Home at last! Dex was introduced to his binkie shortly after our arrival home, and has thoroughly enjoyed it since then.



And Savy giving her baby brother sweet little kisses. She loves to give him his binkie when he's said and stroke his head while saying..."You're okay, you're okay, you're okay."

9 comments:

Gonzalez Family said...

What a sweet little family! I hope you are doing alright. I can only imagine trying to recover when you have 2 babies to take care of! I hope you feel as great as you look! Congratulations.

The Hurst Family said...

Your little boy is beautiful Amber. So glad everything went well as he came into the world. Enjoy these few weeks before school starts. RaeAnn

Ashlie said...

OH, those are such cute pictures. I love the close up of just him. So adorable! Right when I saw that pic of him and Ginger, I thought 'wait a minute, that's my girl'. Funny-they are adorable! I just love 'em.

Holly said...

congratulations you guys! he is a little cutie. you guys will adjust quickly to two kids. it sure helps that they are cute.

Dunn Family said...

He is so cute and so tiny! It reminds me of Zoey when she was born. I must say, I am jealous you had another tiny one. I wish Colston was "teeny", he so ruff and tuff. Can't wait to meet him on Thursday!

Alysha said...

So sweet! Congrats again.

Roundy Crew said...

So tiny and adorable! Congratulations!

~brynn~ said...

i heart the picture with dex and his eyes open! he looks so grown up! haha, and he's only like a week and a half! :)

and you're such a beautiful mother, amber.

Robyn said...

Your pictures are darling. Savannah is a sweety and Dexter is cute with all that dark hair. I hope you are feeling good.