Monday, August 3, 2009

Logan...Here We Come!!!

Sam's brother offered him a job up in Logan. And after a week of serious thinking and praying, we decided to take it! We've spent almost 4 years away from the sweet little town of Logan, and now we're going to return to the beautiful Cache Valley with our two chitlens. I'm excited, yet a bit hesitant about returning to those cold winter months. I'm just trying to not think too hard about the things I'll be leaving behind, because then the tears will come. But I will be able to spend more time with my kids and who wouldn't love to spend time with these sweet things??






Dex is growing like a weed. He's gained two pounds and two inches since we've been home!! He's starting to get a little chunk to him, and to get a bit fussy, but that just means I get to hold him close to me more often. (He's currently snuggled up on my chest while his sister is snoozing in the next room)!

I've loved watching the relationship that's starting to grow between Savy and her little bro. She's such a sweetheart to him (even though she can be quite the stinker to me). Quite the special bond between siblings. It starts at such an early age, and grows and grows over the years. The close proximity I have to my sisters right now is what I'm going to miss the most!!!

11 comments:

Alysha said...

Wow Amber! Congrats to Sam. I will miss you. I'm so glad you will be able to spend more time with your little ones. I am wanting that more than ever. I'll call you soon.

Toni said...

You will love love love love staying home with them, just focus on that!

The Greenwoods said...

Amber!?!?! what is going on??? I am going to miss seeing you every month at BUNCO!!! when do you move? we definitely need to throw you a going away BASH!!!

Lizzen said...

I'm not going to lie, this makes my heart hurt a little. It's been so fun getting to know you and Sam and your darling kids better and having some good times—but of course friendships that are meant to last will last. Plus, this will give Aaron and I another reason to get out of the valley every now and then... So pick a house with a guest bedroom, okay? :)

So best of luck to you! And if you need a babysitter, my sister really did volunteer to watch your kids. She would make a fantastic surrogate aunt.

MeganDan said...

NO!!! Don't leave me... but I guess it's ok. I'm excited for Sam, but a little sad. We were just getting to know you guys. Congrats anyway :)

Love you guys!

Gonzalez Family said...

I'm so glad you'll get to be home with your babies, but sad I won't be able to teach with you anymore. I'm excited to hear more details. We need to get together before you go. I am excited to see little Dexter.

ryan + carly said...

amber! congrats on your sweetest little dex and on your new adventure. i think our bunco group is falling apart slowly! you can still drive down to be with them once a month :) i will try, but flights these days are pricey. we will meet again one day in an old bunco group when we are 50. it's the law.

Mandi said...

First off, Congratulations on your little Dexter, he is darling! And now to this sad for us, exciting for you news...moving? to Logan? I am very sad that you will not be teaching with hopes that Maci would be in your class...now who? What a great opportunity for your little family. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you don't mind me checking on your cute blog every now and then. Hopefully I will see you before you leave for good. Good Luck.

~brynn~ said...

i simply heart the picture of dex and savy!

ready for the FINAL episode of SYTYCD? i sure hope our voting paid off...

Holly said...

i don't even think dave knows this. actually, maybe he does. he is one of those guys that hears news and forgets to tell me about it. well, i sure hope that you guys will be making it down to BYU games now and then even if you are a bit further away. we always love seeing and hanging with samber & co!

Sheesh said...

I still cant believe that you are really going back up to Logan... Sounds like it will be a pretty sweet deal for the both of you! Congrats!