Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Sunday

This is the fifth time I've tried posting this entry with some really cute pictures. And I'm starting to get a little fed up. So, if the pictures don't work, sorry.

Easter morning was a little rushed. Sammy and I had stayed up a little too late the night before, and our bed was super comfy that morning. However, we did manage to get ourselves out of bed and see what the Easter Bunny brought. Sammy and Savana both had a basket waiting for them on the couch. (I wasn't a good enough girl to receive my own basket...I made Sammy share his candy with me). While I got ready, Sammy got himself and Savy ready, and even managed to take a picture of Savy before we ran off to church. (at 9:00 in the morning!)


Yeah!!! I got a picture to work. That afternoon, we drove up to Sam's Grandma's house for a scrumptious meal and an easter egg hunt. While searching for eggs, we discovered Savana's dislike for grass. I guess the grass is too pokey for her soft, tender, delicate skin. Sammy and I found it hilarious, so we took numerous photos of her trying to avoid the grass by retracting her feet. She wasn't too thrilled with us.

(see her cute little feet avoiding the grass?)



What babes! Oh, and the babies are pretty cute, too! Me and Ashlie with our cute little girls...Savana and Pyper!


After Sam's Grandmas, we ran (actually, we drove. it would be too far to run) down to my parent's house and had an Easter egg hunt followed by another delicious dinner. (We were lucky enough to have Batman join our Easter party!)



Savy with all her cousins...Carter, Noah, David..I mean Batman, and Brexten!


All in all, we had a busy, yet wonderful Easter day. And in between all the food, fun, family, and egg hunts, there were a few quiet moments where I could reflect on the reason why we have Easter. Because of what our Savior did for us almost two thousand years ago. Because of Him, these wonderful days with my family won't just be for this life. I can be with my family forever! And for that, I am grateful.

3 comments:

Toni said...

That is hilarious! CUte girl as always. Do you guys wanna see if us and Steve and Cass wanna get together out your way this weekend?

Tiona said...

Wasn't it you that mom said she could put on a blanket on the grass and knew you wouldn't get off of it because you hated the feel of the grass? Perhaps it's genetic...

You should email those pics to me, especially the one with all the kids. I haven't seen Carter forever! Shanda showed me pictures of Brexten, man, he looks a lot like Carter!

El Dorko said...

Wow, the Stroman Girls are friggin cute! Ay, chihuahua!