Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekends

I love the weekends. Sammy and I had a chance to hang out with our friends Friday night. We did nothing but sit around and talk and try to entertain two toddlers, but it was so fun! We even got two free pizzas out of it! We don't see friends often enough, so we welcome the chance to hang out!

Saturday morning, Sammy and I took Savy for a walk around our community to clean up trash. (we get paid to do it, we're not that good of neighbors!) We chose the wrong day to do it...it was incredibly windy and for every piece of garbage we picked up, three more would fly out of our bag. The wind was even strong enough to knock over my sturdy Graco stroller with my 16 pound baby inside! (Savana was a little traumatized, but she came out with no bruises or scratches)

That night I had a rare chance to leave my baby behind with Sammy and go hear the YW Conference at the conference center. I leave Savy with the sitter every morning during the week, but I am rarely without her during the evenings. It was a good opportunity for Sammy to spend some bonding time with his daughter (while playing video games with the young men in our ward), and it was a great chance for me to get out with the young women in our ward and hear the words of our leaders. We even had a chance to see our new prophet and relish in the spirit he brings into the room. We visited Olive Garden downtown for a scrumptious meal, and I marveled at the silliness that came over our young women as the night wore on! I would NEVER want to visit my junior high days again, but every once in awhile, it's refreshing to have that "youthful" (or immature) spirit revisit.

I love the weekends and the time I get to spend with my hubby, family, and friends. It definitely is hard for me to get back to work on Monday. (Mondays are the worst day ever invented) But it's nice to know when Monday starts, the weekend is only five days away!

3 comments:

cAsSy said...

You get paid to pick up trash?!?!? Sounds like a good weekend!

Toni said...

That was super fun. Amber I totally dig you, I think we could and should be better friends. And I dig your cute Savy, man she can't possibly be any cuter, I am convinced of it.

Amber said...

Toni, I totally agree about being better friends. So let's do it. I'm free any afternoon to hang out or just talk.