Saturday, April 19, 2008

2 second epiphany

Savana had her first tumble down the stairs today.  It scared the pants off me and Brynn.  We were shaking for a half hour after the incident.  Savy's just learned how to crawl up stairs this week, and she thinks she's invincible.  She has no hesitance heading down the stairs or off the edge of the bed face first.  And she moves so fast!

Well, today she tested her invincibility.  In a blink of an eye, she was at the edge of the stairs and heading face first down the long flight of stairs.  I was playing the piano, Brynn was at the top of the stairs, and within 2 seconds of Brynn's scream, I ran over and grabbed Savy before she conked her head on the wood floor.  It was the scariest 2 seconds of my life.  I was terrified.

Savy came away with a cut in her mouth, I came away with a little bit of blood on my new shirt, and Brynn and I came away with a serious case of the nervous shakes.

This was Savy's first big tumble, and my first experience feeling terrified for my baby's life.  Yeah, I know it was just a minor fall down the stairs, but it was a big eye-opener to me at the many "falls" my little baby is going to take in her life...and not just physical falls.  A few of these "falls" can be avoided by close supervision and guidance, but there are some things my little girl is going to have to go through in her life.  And although I will always be there to support her through whatever falls she goes through, I won't always be there to catch her and save her from it.

I love my Savana and I want the world (and the moon) for her.  I only hope Sammy and I can give Savy all she needs to be successful, happy, confident, and loved in all aspects of her life.

1 comment:

Anngie said...

Hi Amber, this is Anngie your cousin:) I just got started in the blogging world and my mom told me that you had a blog...So how are ya?? Im sorry about little Savana's fall, those are scary moments, she sure is a cutie!