Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to Life

Savana chose a great night to be sick. I've had the whole week off of school for spring break and have thoroughly enjoyed staying up late (11:30) and sleeping in (7:30)! (I know, it's pathetic when those times are considered staying up late and sleeping in.) So I decided to go to bed slightly early last night to compensate for having to get up at 6:00 to get ready for school. I dislike Mondays quite a bit, so I though if I got enough sleep, it would be easier to get up. But Savana had different plans for me...the poor girl had a fever and woke up three times last night. Needless to say, I wanted to throw my alarm clock across the room when it went off this morning.

It's just hard to get back to life and back to reality when you've had a week's break from the usual routine. Sammy, Savy, and I packed up and spent this last week at my mom's house with my sisters. My parents were out of town, so we moved in for the week. Instead of heading off someplace fun, Shanda and I took Mallory, Brynn, and our kids to lots of fun places around us....Lehi Legacy Center Pool (with an incredible kiddie pool), Thanksgiving Point to see the farm animals, and the Living Planet Aquarium. We had a blast hanging out, cooking yummy food, playing games, and playing with the kids! It's so nice having family close by!





2 comments:

Melissa said...

It is good to have family close--I can fully appreciate it, caues I don't! You are lucky! Looks like you had lots of fun. Mallory is so big--I haven't seen her since she was...I don't know, in elementary probably! Cute fam!

Tiona said...

I hate getting up in the morning! I can only imagine when having a little one waking you up in the little of the night. I hope she's feeling better. It sounds like you guys had a blast!