Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thoughts...

Sammy and I have been down to one car for quite awhile. Our old car rolled over and died and is going to cost too much for us to justify fixing it. Sammy's seriously considering getting a motorcycle. It's much cheaper then an actual car, we'll save money on gas mileage, but I'm slightly worried about how safe Sammy will be on the motorcycle. I guess there's risk in simply living and breathing, but with a motorbike, I think the risk factor will rise a bit. But I'm certainly anxious to get another mode of transportation...it stinks having to drive 20 minutes to pick him up from work.

Oh, and Savy just puked all over the cute outfit I had her dressed in. I wanted to show off her cuteness to some friends this evening, and I had the perfect outfit on her. And then she goes and pukes all over it! Grrrrr.....

4 comments:

Tiona said...

If you let Sammy get a motorcycle, I'll never hear the end of it from Carl. He wants one so bad.

I think motorcycles have their pros and cons. One major thing to think about is that people do get hurt worse in accidents with motorcycles. You just don't have all that steel around you. And cars don't see you as easily. But, I think that if you educate yourself properly (Take a class on how to drive it) and learn how to do things like lay the bike down safely, and really become a defensive driver, it can be a fun ride.

That's a bummer about Savy's outfit. Babies never do what you want them to.

Toni said...

She doesn't need cute outfits to be cute, she'd be cute in her puke.

cAsSy said...

Bike questions I have to justify Steve and I getting one for me(mine would be a scooter though):

What do you do when the weather sucks?

What about the insurance?

Payments worth it?

What kind of clothing/gadgets do we need to buy to finalize this?

I want one to go from school to the hospital. I think it would be awesome. But there are a lot of factors you have to think about to make it happen. It is easier for us to buy something like this though because we have a second vehicle. If we didn't have another car I wouldn't want one at all. I would want to save for another car.

Sorry about Sav. Thats a bummer.

Rachel said...

Get a scooter! Sage and I take turns driving it to work. It is great! I only drive it on the less busy roads, and I feel totally safe. Especially with gas prices the way they are it is worth it. Who ever said that it is a must to have two cars anyhow? We also make use of public transportation on bad weather days. Granted it isn't as easy as it would be if we both had our own car, but it certainly has worked just fine. Our scooter was $1,800 brand new!